- Your need to find meaning in everything usually culminates into crafting conspiracy theories about what the period placement in a text means.
- You end up making every situation in your life about 100x more difficult than it has to be.
- You cannot let anything go, because you’re convinced that if you just run over the details a few more times, you’ll finally uncover some new understanding of the situation or it will somehow change the outcome.
- You’ve probably never been sure about a thing in your life. You’ve approached everything from choosing a school and a partner to your outfit in the morning and brand of bread at the grocery store with equal levels of angst.
- You could get a Master’s degree in interpreting what the song lyrics people post really mean.
Your personality plays the essential and central role in the dating process. It is what draws your attraction to another person and keeps you engaged in their presence.
As in life, there are certain qualities that you never wish for a potential partner to exhibit while there are others you demand they possess. Your astrological sign can serve as an indicator of your personality traits, so let’s take a look how those can be applied in a dating sense.
Aries (March 20 to April 19)
If you are going to date an Aries, you are in for a real thrill, as these strong, driven and motivated individuals are people to be admired. Their motivation to work is a great quality, but under the wrong circumstances, they can become overly competitive and quick tempered. Having a temper in a relationship can be quite detrimental as these people often have a difficult time admitting their faults and they take too long to apologize.
Aries are self-reliant and don’t need someone else to bring them happiness, as they are more than fine doing that on their own. You think they can’t find someone better than you? Think again. They like to have the upper hand in the relationship, so be careful before they replace you.
Sometimes words aren’t enough to communicate with the object of your affection — English words, that is. In case you aren’t lucky enough to speak 12 languages fluently, we’ve compiled a love and dating-themed vocabulary list drawn from sources as varied as Tagalog, Dutch, and Inuit. Get over your saudade, indulge in a little cafuné, and you’ll be queesting in no time.
- Mamihlapinatapai (Yaghan, Tierra del Fuego) – This term, which holds the Guinness World Record for “most succinct word,” means “looking at each other hoping that either will offer to do something which both parties desire but are unwilling to do.”
- Saudade (Portuguese) - A melancholic nostalgia for someone or something from the past.
- Tuqburni (Arabic) – The literal translation is “You bury me,” referring to a love so deep you can’t imagine living life without your partner.
- Bakku-shan (Japanese) - A girl who’s only attractive when she’s viewed from behind.
- Forelsket (Norwegian) – That intoxicatingly euphoric feeling you experience when you’re first falling in love.
- Cafuné (Portuguese) - The act of running your fingers through your lover’s hair.
- Paasa (Tagalog) – “A person who leads someone on (intentionally or not). Appearing as if they are genuinely interested romantically when they aren’t.”